How to Get More Focus As An Entrepreneur (Part 1)
You are multi-passionate. I get it. I am, too. And I work with gifted, talented, brilliant people like you every day.
But tell me if you can relate:
- You have more ideas than you can possibly implement (at one time).
- You have trouble discerning where to start to create substantial traction with your ideas.
- Some of your ideas have been circulating in your head for YEARS. You are actually embarrassed when you see people whom you’ve told and still have nothing to show for it.
- You experience peaks of inspiration and motivation followed by dips of overwhelm and confusion.
- You vacillate between KNOWING you have something to contribute and beating yourself up for where you are and where you think you should be.
- You have a bunch of things started, but few finished to completion.
- You know you need support to implement your ideas, but the time needed to train someone and delegate keeps you stuck doing things you know you have no business doing.
- And let’s be honest… you aren’t making money from half your ideas (yet).
You are not alone.
And I can help. 🙂
[BTW, if you are multi-passionate and want to know how to monetize it, don’t miss my webinar tomorrow.]
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I speak with entrepreneurs who suffer from what I call “Multi-Focus Syndrome.”
You are BRILLIANT and creative and flowing with ideas. But here’s the truth: Your ideas won’t make you rich. Only your implementation of them can.
So, what is the solution? Here are my top 7 Keys to Get Laser Focused as an Entrepreneur
1 – CREATE A BASELINE INCOME
The first thing you must create, if you don’t have it already, is a baseline income. This takes the pressure off your idea HAVING to work. There is nothing that will repel your prospect more than you being desperate for them to sign up and work with you because you NEED the money. It is a repellant.
What are possible sources of baseline income?
- I hate to say it, but sometimes that means you need to take a job to ease the pressure. Yes, I am the optimistic entrepreneur coach who knows all the short-cuts to creating cash, but I have seen too many people who have the talent, but their belief stops them from accessing it. So, the remedy is possibly, create a dependable income stream that covers your basic needs while you work on your passion project.
- Borrowing money. There is a stigma built in some circles against going into debt. The truth is, when it is done correctly, it is actually savvy and leveraging another person’s asset to create one of your own. Several of the 6-figure and million dollar businesses that my husband and I created were started on 0% interest credit cards, sometimes even when we had the cash in the bank.
- Low hanging fruit – sometimes you are sitting on a business where people actually pay you cash for your expertise. But you are so distraught and in turmoil about what you haven’t created that you are sabotaging the income stream that is a gift to you while you build your ideas out. Gratitude and patience is one of the most powerful resources to fuel your creation.
2 – BEGIN WITH YOUR DREAM PROJECT
Too many times I see entrepreneurs who have a dream project, program or business they want to create. However, they are really working on Plan B IN ORDER TO create Plan A.
Meanwhile, your Plan B will consume the next year of your life and your precious time, energy, effort and resources to create.
Don’t do it. Eliminate the “in order to’s.”
Go straight to your Plan A if you are going to invest your energies. Energy and time are your most precious gifts. I constantly ask myself this question, “If this were the last year of my life, what do I HAVE TO create?” “What is worth doing even if I failed.”
Many tell me, “But I don’t know HOW to do it.” The clarity of HOW will only show up when you are super, super clear about the WHAT that you are creating. Then make it your job to discover who is doing what you want to do, what is the business model that they’ve created, and follow the model. You can add your own twist on it after the framework of a successful model has created you some traction.
3 – PRIORITIZE
“But I don’t know where to start!” I get it. Perhaps there are several ideas that you equally value. The trouble is, they are cancelling each other out at the moment. I can’t tell you how many entrepreneurs I see trying to implement 3 ideas at once.
I help my clients get clear on their most important values. Then I help them prioritize their ideas and projects based on these values.
Begin with a list of your ideas. Then across the top list your top values. For each idea a rank based on which helps you experience and create more of what you value and prioritize.
4 – PHASE YOUR CREATIONS
Not everything has to be done at the same time. Plan out what you think you can accomplish in the next 90 days, then the next 6 months, then the next year.
Then either cut your deliverables in half, or double your timeframes.
You heard me right. We generally push ourselves to create things in such tight containers, it takes away from creating with grace and ease. Then we beat ourselves up rather than celebrating the progress we have been able to make. It’s a terrible cycle. Trust me on the cutting deliverable in half or doubling your timeframes.
Plan your next program or idea for a later phase. Perhaps summer of next year. You can create multiple six-figures by focusing on a SINGLE idea and implementing it all the way through. When that income stream is steady, begin to create the next.
(Register for my webinar tomorrow to discover how to simplify to multiply (your business).
Watch your email on Thursday. Part 2 will include tips 5, 6 & 7.
In the meantime, you don’t want to miss my training to support you in creating income from ONE focus this summer.
==>Go here to register now<<==